Volunteer and Internship Program
Ironwood Tree Experience Volunteer and Internship Program and Policy
ITE is seeking dependable and motivated individuals to assist in a variety of eco-programs, farmers’ markets and administrative tasks.
ITE’s experiential program for teens provides opportunities for those interested in volunteering and internships. The Intention of the ITEVIP is to concurrently provide volunteers and interns with experiences that will help them grow professionally, academically and personally while providing real assistance for ITE programs.
VIP opportunities fall into four broad categories:
Each of these categories include the four Living and Learning strands so that each ITEVIP opportunity is inclusive rather than exclusive or specialized.
As an example- an intern or volunteer interested in Farmers’ Markets may be responsible for contacting market vendors, developing weekly market themes, conducting market surveys, mapping sustainable food systems, coordinating other market volunteers, setting up and breaking down the market, assisting with farmers’ market advertisement, and helping with associated eco-programming.
ITEVIP participants must indicate which of the four categories they are interested in participating and attend bi-monthly to monthly ITEVIP meetings to coordinate plans.
Types of Volunteers: Adult Volunteers and Interns (ages 18 and above)
- Adult volunteers and Interns assisting with eco-programs
- Adult volunteers and Interns assisting with administrative task
- Adult volunteers and Interns assisting with GreenLots!
Teen Volunteers (ages 12-17)
- Teen volunteers helping with eco-programs
- Teen volunteers helping with administrative tasks
- Teen volunteers helping with GreenLots!
In addition to specific requirements for adult and teens, all volunteers and interns are asked to become familiar with the mission and philosophy of ITE and to read and discuss seminal information that pertains to the four “Living and Learning” Strands.
Other requirement and points to consider:
- All volunteers and interns are required to attend 1-hour monthly meeting to continue volunteer status with ITE.
- All adult volunteers and interns working with children and teens under the age of 18 will require fingerprinting and background checks.
- All volunteers submit a resume and general volunteer application and a meeting with directors and or executive committee before officially volunteering for ITE.
- All volunteers create a volunteer work portfolio to be completed and signed at the commencement of volunteer tasks and revised and signed at completion of specified volunteer tasks.
- Either party may terminate volunteer status for any reason at any time without advanced notice or specified reason.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 520-861-1945 to get involved